Monday, March 13, 2006

Blogging neglect... and San Francisco Writers Conference

My poor neglected blog! It's been a while since I posted and I resolve to do better. At the San Francisco Writers Conference last month, one speaker said if you did not post to your blog every day, it wasn't a blog, it was a diary!

Well, I don't intend to post every day, but I have decided to broaden the subject matter I post here. More on this in later posts.

The SFWC (http://www.sfwriters.org) was very well organized and presented a wealth of talented speakers. I was impressed with a few things I had not seen at other conferences.

One, each session had a volunteer who was a timekeeper. They would hold up signs showing the presenter that there was 15, 5, 2 minutes left. This kept every session on time!

Second, they recorded each session and had CD's for sale shortly after the session was over. Very fast turnaround! They offered individual session CD's as well as the whole conference as a package. Since they had many session running concurrently, this allowed you to attend one and then listen to another. Nice touch.

That's it for today, see you soon.

No comments: